Our client, a specialist provider in its own niche health sector area, asked The Business Narrative to bring our commercial expertise to their knowledge and insight of the field, and undertake a comprehensive due diligence in a specific market sector in order to ascertain the viability of a new publishing product.
We analysed the marketplace into approximately 20 different types of participants and undertook significant market research across each sector type. We analysed competitors and created a draft proposition together with target markets, accreditation, potential sponsors and partners, business models and cash flows. We advised on the technology required, offered suggestions on branding, and constructed a phased project plan.
The output was a comprehensive report, which included:
- Detailed market map, by sector and sub-sector
- SWOT analysis
- Visualisation of our product offering
- Research-based suggestions on content and ambassadors / advisory board required
- Accreditation analysis, based on each market sub-sector
- Summary of research calls to different market participants
- Competitor analysis, including detailed lists of competitors
- Pricing analysis and recommendations
- Detailed target lists of sponsors and partners, including past relevant spending
- Detailed analysis of our target market, job titles and available training budget
- Summary and analysis of all available media in the marketplace
- Creation of new product proposition with business model, detailed costs and forecast budgets and one to five-year projected income and expenditure
- Staffing and resourcing proposals, with detailed job descriptions, for the team required to deliver the project
- Detailed technology proposals on the tech required, shortlisting the best suppliers
- Phased proposed project plan Gantt chart
The completed project gave our client all the information they require to make a go/no go on the viability of the project and – if they choose to go ahead – all the phased project schedules and target sales leads to kick off.