The PPA - the Professional Publishers Association - is the association of media owners in the UK, PPA Business is a membership network designed for companies delivering business information to their clients. The Business Narrative was asked to re-envision their annual conference.
We created a mini series of half-day events looking at strategic, marketing, tech and data, designed to bring mini-communities of interest together around specific topics. Our in-depth research into the marketplace told us that delegates and participants preferred an engaging half-day with room to discuss ideas with their peers, and so we created ‘The Marketing One’ and ‘The Data One’.
Targeted at senior executives in the global business media and information sectors, the events featured senior leaders in their spheres, delving deep into the topics of the day and helping participants start conversations round the table that they could then take back to their colleagues.
- Ruth Mortimer – Content Director, Centaur Media
- Caroline Hird – Marketing Director, BMJ
- Kendal Mott – Group Head of Marketing, Procurement Leaders
- Nick Varney – VP Experience Design and Engagement, Dow Jones
- Amanda Munoz – Marketing Director, Dow Jones
- Nik Dinning – Marketing Director, Retail Week / New Civil Engineer
- Chris Fosberry – CTO, Argus Media Ltd
- Mike Fraser – CTO, Wilmington plc
- Mark Brincat – CTO, The Economist Group
- Sean Hayes – Group Head of Data, Incisive Media
- Duncan Smith – Founder, iCompli
- Michael Holtby – Solutions Architect, Amazon Web Services
Feedback from participants was extremely positive, the content was highly rated, the event described as interesting and informative, and the half-day format was perceived as more accessible. Participants felt it was encouraging to hear what other publishers were doing, and that speakers had interesting stories to tell that were insightfully presented.